SUSTAINABILITY AT KBC
WE LIVE WHAT WE PREDIGE
Since 2019, we are already climate neutral. That means we continuously reduce and offset all our emissions in the categories / scopes according to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol:
- Buildings: electricity, heating or cooling, water, waste
- Employees: Business travel, vehicle fleet, food, beverages and snacks, commuting / mobile working
- Purchasing: consumables, furniture and IT equipment, external services
When we moved to our new office in September 2020, we assessed each building block for its climate friendliness from the very beginning. This includes:
- Own e-charging points
- Furniture made from recycled material mix
- 100% green electricity and eco-district heating
- A superior tap system where hot, cold and sparkling water comes directly from the tap, replacing kettles and plastic bottles incl. their delivery and collection.
- LED lamps with motion sensors
- Waste separation incl. the important organic waste
- Sustainable office materials and promotional gifts
These and many other aspects are part of our office equipment. In addition, after two years of our own hard work, we decided to calculate our Co2 footprint in 2021 together with the renowned ClimateTech company Planetly in order to derive further measures for reduction. The sustainability team, consisting of employees from various hierarchical levels, also meets regularly to discuss new ideas and become even more climate-friendly.